|Name||Apply market research to generate audience insights|
|Legal text||To apply market research to generate audience insights vendors can:
● Provide aggregate reporting to advertisers or their representatives about the audiences reached by their ads, through panel-based and similarly derived insights.
● Provide aggregate reporting to publishers about the audiences that were served or interacted with content and/or ads on their property by applying panel-based and similarly derived insights.
● Associate offline data with an online user for the purposes of market research to generate audience insights if vendors have declared to match and combine offline data sources
● Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and appsVendors cannot:
● Measure the performance and effectiveness of ads that a specific user was served or interacted with, without a separate legal basis to measure ad performance.
● Measure which content a specific user was served and how they interacted with it, without a separate legal basis to measure content performance.
|User-friendly text||Market research can be used to learn more about the audiences who visit sites/apps and view ads.|
|Vendor guidance||● Allowable Lawful Bases: Consent, Legitimate Interests
● Unique Reach
● Audience segmentation (Demographic attributes of the users)
○ Website/Apps KPIs across ads and contents
○ usually panel-derived:
○ interests / affinity / in-market categories: what else are users interested in
● When combining information collected under this purpose with other information previously collected, the latter must have been collected with an appropriate legal basis.
● Data collected and/or processed for audience measurement must not be used to improve individual profiles for Purposes 3 and 5 without an appropriate legal bases for these purposes
● Audience Measurement reports include only aggregate data
● Those are data related to market research and “currency” data eg.: Syndicated data from JICs, Ad Audience certifications, etc.
● Vendors cannot provide reporting about the audiences using methods covered in Purposes 7 and 8.
● [with Feature 1] This purpose serves to match offline obtained data (panel data) to online obtained data (through Purpose 7 or 8).
● [with Feature 2] Apply market research to generate audience insights by linking different devices.
● [with Feature 3] Use identifiers generated by receiving and using automatically sent device characteristics.
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 1] Use precise geolocation data to apply market research data in order to generate audience insights.
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 2] Use identifiers generated by actively scanning device characteristics to apply market research data in order to generate audience data
● This purpose does not permit applying measurement data to the panel-derived demographic information unless the user has also granted the appropriate legal basis for Purpose 7.