|Name||Create a personalised ads profile|
|Legal text||To create a personalised ads profile vendors can:
● Collect information about a user, including a user’s activity, interests, visits to sites or apps, demographic information, or location, to create or edit a user profile for use in personalised advertising.
● Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps, to create or edit a user profile for use in personalised advertising.
|User-friendly text||A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalised ads that are relevant to you|
|Vendor guidance||● Allowable Lawful Bases: Consent, Legitimate Interests
● Associate data collected, including information about the content and the device, such as: device type and capabilities, user agent, URL, IP address with a new or existing ad profile based on user interests or personal characteristics of the user.
● When combining information collected under this purpose with other information previously collected, the latter must have been collected with an appropriate legal basis.
● Establish retargeting criteria
● Establish negative targeting criteria
● For offline data collection, a legal basis for Purpose 3 (Create a personalised profile) needs to be achieved out of band – the TCF signal will take precedence for collection of data online (see Policies)
● Feature 2: Collecting data for deterministic cross-device mapping (e.g. if a user logs into an account on one device and then on another) may be done on the basis of an out of band legal basis
● Keeping track of ad frequency and ad sequence may be done on the basis of Purpose 2, and do not require Purpose 3.
● Other purposes, including ad measurement, are not included in this purpose
● If a vendor uses a shared profile for personalised ads and personalised content, the vendor should only create and/or update that profile with the appropriate established legal bases for both Purpose 3 and 5.
● [with Feature 1] Associate data obtained offline with an online user to create or edit a user profile for use in advertising.
● [with Feature 2] Store a user identifier, obtained by actively scanning device characteristics, in a profile for use in advertising.
● [with Feature 3] Associate an identifier obtained by receiving and using automatically sent device characteristics, with a profile for use in advertising
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 1] Select a personalised ad, based on a personalised ads profile, by processing precise geolocation previously stored or made available in the moment.
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 2] Associate an identifier obtained by actively scanning device characteristics with a profile for use in advertising