|Name||Measure content performance|
|Legal text||To measure content performance vendors can:● Measure and report on how content was delivered to and interacted with by users.
● Provide reporting, using directly measurable or known information,about users who interacted with the content.
● Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps.Vendors cannot:
● Measure whether and how ads (including native ads) were delivered to and interacted with by a user without a separate legal basis.
● Apply panel- or similarly derived audience insights data to ad measurement data without a separate legal bases to apply market research to generate audience insights.
|User-friendly text||The performance and effectiveness of content that you see or interact with can be measured. be measured.|
|Vendor guidance||● Allowable Lawful Bases: Consent, Legitimate Interests
● Content refers to non-advertising content. Ad measurement should be conducted under Purpose 7.
● This purpose does not permit applying panel-derived demographic information to the measurement data, this requires Purpose 9.
● This purpose is intended to enable processing activities such as:
○ Measure how many users engaged with content, for how long and what was the nature of that engagement (click, tap, hover, scroll etc.)
○ Determine how many unique users or devices content was served to
○ Measure the time when users saw content
○ Measure/ analyse the characteristics of the device content was served to (non-precise location, type of device, screen size, language of the device, operating system/browser, mobile carrier)
○ Measure user referrals
● When combining information collected under this purpose with other information previously collected, the latter must have been collected with an appropriate legal basis without an appropriate legal basis for these purposes.
● Data collected and/or processed for measuring content must not be used to improve individual profiles and segment data for other purposes
● [with Feature 1] Measure content performance by matching and combining data obtained offline with the data obtained online.
● [with Feature 2] Measure content performance by linking different devices.
● [with Feature 3] Measure content performance by using an identifier obtained by receiving and using automatically sent device characteristics.
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 1] Measure content performance by processing precise geolocation previously stored or made available in the moment.
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 2] Measure content performance by using an identifier obtained by actively scanning device characteristics.
source: IAB Europe