|Name||Select personalised ads|
|Legal text||To select personalised ads vendors can:|
● Select personalised ads based on a user profile or other historical user data, including a user’s prior activity, interests, visits to sites or apps, location, or demographic information.
|User-friendly text||Personalised ads can be shown to you based on a profile about you ads that are relevant to you|
|Vendor guidance||● Allowable Lawful Bases: Consent, Legitimate Interests|
● Requires having obtained consent or met requirements for processing under a legitimate interest for Purpose 2 (Basic ads) to be used
● This purpose is intended to enable these processing activities:○ Select ads based on a personalised ads profile
○ Select an ad based on retargeting criteria
○ Select an ad based on negative targeting criteria tied to a profile
○ Select dynamic creative based on an ad profile, or other historical information
● Selecting and/or ads based on ad frequency and ad sequence may be done on the basis of Purpose 2, and do not require Purpose 4.
● [with Feature 1] Select a personalised ad, based on a personalised ads profile, by matching and combining data obtained offline with the data stored in an online profile.
● [with Feature 2] Select a personalised ad, based on a personalised ads profile, by linking different devices.
● [with Feature 3] Select an ad based on a personalised profile associated with an identifier obtained by receiving and using automatically sent device characteristics
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 1] Select an ad based on precise geolocation previously stored
● [with opt-in for Special Feature 2] Select an ad based on a personalised profile associated with an identifier obtained by actively scanning device characteristics.
● If you use a single profile for both personalised ads and personalised content, users will need to grant the appropriate legal bases for both purpose 4 and purpose 6.
source: IAB Europe